Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter

Wow. Where do I begin? I'll start with last Sunday (40 weeks) I suddenly came down with a virus which I can only think was a sinus infection or something similar. Weird since I hadn't been sick in over 2 years, My throat was all swollen and sinus's and ears hurt. Thankful that my mom told me to call the doctor for Zpac (antibiotic) and it has been helping me get over this so much faster.

Which brings me to today...I missed a call from my cousin which was a little out of the ordinary.. but I was texting with my dad and asked him how my grandpa was doing since I knew he'd been in the hospital earlier this week. My dad didn't know the news but after we got off a phone call I called my cousin back and she let me know that my grandpa (my dads dad) had passed away today. I told her my dad didn't know but as we were talking my uncle Pat was calling him and giving him the news. My dad called me back with a soft voice as I'm already bawling my eyes out, and then he began crying. This was a crazy emotional day..

I realized so much today, that my grandpa was one of the sweetest and strongest men I have ever known. He always had a smile on his face and a drink with dinner, was a devote Catholic and loved all 6 of his kids through thick and thin no matter what he was always there for them. I love my grandpa so much and I only wish I had spent more time with him.

It really made me think of how I have acquired some bad habits as I've grown up, quick to judge or not being as close to family as I wanted too. I need to cut people slack in my life and not hold such high standards and when people hurt me or disappoint me I need to learn to be more assertive with how I feel but also not take it so emotionally and personally but that family is family and life is too short to stay bitter or angry.

Next topic is the baby is overdue, he was due 4.14.14 (last Monday) and today is the 19th, tomorrow is Easter. We're praying he comes quickly, otherwise we have a schedule to be induced for Monday-which is not what we want!

My dad told me something comforting about there being an old Irish saying that an older family member has to pass in order to let a new life in, and he said grandpa was making room for Carl to come into the world, so now I have my angels my Grandpa and Grandma Cox in Heaven looking down on me and my labor and delivery. I would have loved to have my grandpa meet him and had planned for that this summer, but I know he will know him one day.

It's been a tough week, with death is coming a new life, with sorrow there is joy and it's crazy it's right before Easter with the same meaning, Jesus dying and then resurrecting...sorrow and joy, all in one weekend...But God has a plan, and I can't wait to tell baby Carl Benjamin how wonderful his great grandpa was, how happy and his Irish accent...so many good things to tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment